30 May 2008

wedding nightmares

you know how they say that before a big event in your life, you sometimes dream about things going wrong? well, i had the most awful dream last.

it was my wedding day. i got to the reception and started greeting people and i realized i didn't make my wedding cake. so i started to freak out and run frantically around looking for an oven to bake the cake. as i started to bake the cake (no idea where ingredients came from... i guess thats what happens in dreams), i realized, not only had i forgotten the cake, i had also forgotten my shoes, the sign in book, and most importantly - branson. he was no where to be found. but have no fear! i had an apron, so i wouldn't ruin my dress.

ridiculous. i woke up at 3:02am so confused. that's the thing about dreams - it felt so real! for a minute, when i woke up, i really had to convince myself that it was still two weeks away, and it was going to be fine.

but then, in my semi-conscious, confused state, my mind wandered to the thoughts of thing like, is branson not going to show? and i really going to forget something big? am i going crazy? is this some sort of foreboding?

it took me a minute or two to relax and i fell back asleep - only to have a different version of this nightmare! this time, my ring was missing, my dress was dyed pink and some little boy put gum in my hair, so to get it out, they chopped and butchered my pretty hair!

i woke up again at 4:17am.

these nightmares have got to stop!

the good thing is that, in the end, i realize its only a dream... but come on! a girl needs her sleep!

7 comments:

blair and maisy said...

That is so bizarre! I must say that the pink dress and gum in the hair was quite funny though. I'm sure your wedding day will go nice and smooth :) We're so excited for you. Love ya!

Erica said...

Shan! Cute blog! Thanks for leaving a comment on mine!! I have to say - big events are always going to make your subconscious go berzerk. I had to take Jordan to PCMC for a dermatology appointment today and last night I dreamt I was lost, the parking garage at the hospital was 15 stories tall, and nobody would help me. Okay, a doctor's appointment isn't a wedding, but I can relate with the bad dreams! ;o) Your wedding will be gorgeous!

G-Man said...

nightmares suck, but not as much as cobra night terrors...

thanks again for the book help by the way ;)

Melinda said...

eek! Let's hope no nightmares become real! They won't- it'll be a perfect day! and it's so soon!!! yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

Jamie and Tom said...

Haha shanna I totally know how you feel! My dream before my wedding was that my guests had all arrived, everything was going wonderfully until they wouldn't let me in my own wedding. They said I had to go before a jury and they judged me for something which made me unworthy to go to my own wedding, so all of my guests got bored and left, then I finally convinced them to let me in, but by then, everyone was gone so I didn't want to get married... It was a bad one! But no worries, the day is going to be great!!

Kiley said...

Shanna - I just laughed. Your wedding day will be just lovely (I can feel it in my bones). Buena Suerte!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog, I hope that's ok (I love it) and I got the invite and it's adorable and I CAN'T WAIT!!