23 May 2008

grocery shower

so on wednesday night, my home ward threw me a grocery shower.

the
greatest
shower
idea
ever!

seriously! it was awesome. so many generous, kind friends and neighbors came and i ended up with more groceries and food and household items than i ever even though existed! i was in awe! and so was brans when we brought it all home. it wouldn't fit in my car, so we packed my parents 12-passenger van. it was full! unbelievable! we'll have a stocked pantry for at least the next year!

i took pictures of all the loot after we piled it on, under and around a table in our family room, but i can't find my cord to connect my camera... so i will post a picture as soon as i can. it was so much! i couldn't say thank you enough! i don't even know the amount of money people spent, but i can imagine it was a lot!

people are so kind and generous. i feel like a thank you card isn't enough to truly express my gratitude. perhaps i will have to make them food with the food they gave me... ?? maybe? probably not. but hopefully people know how grateful we are. honest, truly ..."you're the answer to our wishes... truly scrumptious, you're truly, truly scrumptious..." a little chitty-chitty-bang-bang for you there.

anyway, it was great. i am so blessed and loved - beyond what i could even imagine!

i'll post pictures soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will the food keep for twenty days?

Shan said...

Yeah! Its all food that will keep - Rice, canned food, pasta, sugar, flour, etc... It was wonderful!

Kiley said...

My Shanna Dearest, I'm so happy for you and your shower! I got so jealous of Tom and Jamie when they opened all of their presents - people really are so kind! I finally stumbled across your blog, and I love it. And you're getting married so soon! I do like you a whole lot!