08 May 2008

mike lyman photography

we went and shot some pictures with mike on saturday.
these are some of my favorites!
mike did and awesome job!

isn't this romantic?
it looks like the perfect shot out of a chick flick. aww, branson and i could be a chick flick. ha ha ha

i love it.
the angle.
black and white.
the rain...
(trick: not actual rain.
yup, mike's that good.)
fantastic.


this was my most favorite of brans.
he was actually smiling.
and i'm laughing.
i think its a really cute picture of us both.

and the light sepia mike used on it made it ever better!

don't worry, this one will be blown up in a frame at our reception! i can't wait!

and for the record, the chain didn't break.
i was slightly concerned at first.



branson decided to swing over my head. truth be told, it made me really nervous. so i tried to duck so he wouldn't hit me.

its too bad that his arm is blocking his face, because in my worrisome state, i made a pretty cute face. not to mention how pretty my hair looks! ha ha branson's blasted arm. ruined the picture.

but i still think it looks pretty cool. its got a kinda vintage advertisement look to it. like something you would see in a magazine or as a poster in a subway station or something.



mike did an excellent job with color, too. this brick wall actually was branson's old apartment building. its up in the avenues and had that old brick look to it. we thought it was pretty awesome.

and i love the green plants with the red blossoms. its lovely.


i have a feeling that this is a pretty typical face i make at branson.

once again, i think my hair looks lovely. and its just too bad that you can't see branson's face.

but for some reason, i find this picture endearing and probably very accurate of what we usually look like.



this picture is in dire need of explanation - see, i make this face i call the "muppet fish face" and branson told me to make it, so i did.

branson tried to copy me, but failed miserably. he just looks like he's in pain or dying or something. his face makes me laugh.

so this picture is entitled 'our fish faces'. me, being a muppet fish. and brans being and old fish whose tail fin must have just been bitten off by a shark.



anyway, we had a lot of fun!

mike is a great photographer and he's so much fun to be around. he's one of our most favorites. we owe him a lot. he's the best! he's been a great friend over the past year for me and multiple years for branson. we love him. and his camera. thanks mike!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Your hair does look fantastic.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh Shanna, you look gorgeous in those pictures! Mike did a really fantastic job. I will for sure for sure be coming to your wedding. Just send an invite and I am there! We need to play.