08 November 2007

Stuff and Nonsense

So you know when you hear a song you haven't heard in a while and you realize you remember all the words and as you sing them outloud, you realize that this song is completely applicable to your current situation? ... Yeah, thats my story today. "Stuff and Nonsense" by Missy Higgins (originally written by Neil and Tim Finn)... What a great song. It goes like this:

*Disobey my own decisions. I deserve all your suspicions. First it's yes and then it's no - I dilly dally down to duo.But I've got no secrets that I babble in my sleep. I won't make promises to you that I can't keep... And you know that I love you, Here and now not forever. I can give you the present. I don't know about the future, That's all stuff and nonsense.
I once lived for the future - Every day was one day closer. Greener on the other side, Yes, I believed before I met you. But I soon learned your love burned brighter than the stars in my eyes. Now I know how and when, I know where and why... And you know that I love you, Here and now not forever. I can give you the present. I don't know about the future, That's all stuff and nonsense.
And you know that I love you, Here and now not forever. I can give you the present. I don't know about the future, That's all stuff and nonsense.And you know that I love you, Here and now not forever. I can give you the present. I don't know about the future, That's all stuff and nonsense.*

Beautiful song! Awesome lyrics and this amazing guitar slash piano accompaniment. I love it. It sorta hits how I feel lately. I'm sick of living for the future! Live life now and enjoy it! The future is inevitable... So why not live the present? Right? Right. Because everything else is 'all stuff and nonsense'...

No comments: