09 November 2007

Foo Fighters and Candy Canes

I hate it when people are in poor, surly moods and it rubs off on others. That drives me CRAZY! I can't stand it! (Picture Lina LaMont in 'Singing In The Rain'... When she is going over how to say her lines with the speech lady... And she says, "I con't stond him" - that's my way of writing the accent... ha ha ha! And then Lina repeats with, "I kean't steand 'im"... Like that. In a real high pitched voice... I KEEAN'T STEEAND IT!!!)

Anyway, when you're hanging out with your friends you generally want to have a good time, right? Right. However... when someone storms in the house and you know and they know they don't really want to be there, but they show up because they don't have anywhere else to go... That really bothers me. And it would be one thing if they kept their woes and grumbles to themselves... But they never do. They want everyone to feel awful for them. Misery LOVES company... And the more people to sympathize with them and coddle the miserable one, the better they feel about being ridiculous. Which I think is exactly that... Ridiculous!

I know everyone has bad days and everyone has troubles and whatnot, but seriously - Life can't be THAT bad. Look for the good. Quit dwelling on all of the horrible. It won't go away if you are constantly thinking about it. Focus on something positive. Think about Thanksgiving - Who isn't happy on Thanksgiving?! Its the best day of the year! A blessed feast! Football games galore! Naps! Family! Friends! It is absolutely wonderful. And I love it!

Seriously, though. I hate being around grumpy people. It makes me grumpy. And there's only one thing (ok maybe a couple more... ) that I hate more than self-pitying grumps... That is when they rub off on me. I will have to start avoiding them like vampires. I'll have to find something similar to garlic and sunlight to ward them off... Hm. I'll have to work on that. Let's see... Garlic, garlic, garlic... Garlic salt, sea salt, sea water, sea lion, Lion King, King Arthur, Arthur and DW, Dark Wing Duck, Donald Duck, McDonalds, Egg McMuffin, Egg Foo Yung, Foo Fighters! That's it! I'll constantly listen to Foo Fighters... and... Wait for it... Sunlight, moon light, blue moon, bleu cheese, cheesecake, cupcakes, frosting, sugar, sugar cane, candy cane... Candy canes!!! I'll listen to Foo Fighters and eat candy canes and ward off grumpy people... Fantastic.

I'm going to go buy candy canes...

1 comment:

Maren said...

Sweet hot and spicy lovin'! So luckily I kept reading after your car accident post because you just earned serious brownie points by mentioning Dark Wing Duck. That seriously was basically my favorite cartoon ever. I watched it every day. You rock my world.