07 November 2007

Halloween

So my good friend, Sarah had a Birthday slash Halloween party and asked me to make the cake for her. I was very pleased with how it turned out! I think it is a rad cake!

I have never really had the opportunity to just let the creative juices flow with a cake. With other cakes that I've made (mostly wedding cakes...) people have told me exactly what they wanted. But Sarah just told me to make it look "Halloween-ish" but still cute! So I did... And the table set-up only made it better! I loved the candles and the black tablecloth - Even the candycorn scattered all over! It just looked so great!

I generally hate Halloween and everything about it. I just think its a horrible day and its awful. Perhaps thats due to a tramatic childhood event. But seriously, what 5 year old kid, choking on a jawbreaker and alomst getting hit by a car WOULD like Halloween??

However, I am still in love with this cake! I need an excuse to make it again!

2 comments:

A said...

Love the cake, seriously it is rad. I think wedding cakes should take on the funky vibe, seriously, kick up the reception a notch instead of the same fondant style cake with white frosting and a bow and flowers, it gets old. I protested flowers on my cake by the way. I just didn't win, lol. The first cake I described was going to be gold! it was going to be rad, but taste yucky....

J. said...

Wow, I love the halloween cake you did! Do you really do wedding cakes? How exciting!