01 April 2008

the house

good news! scratch that - GREAT NEWS! my grandma is going to let us rent her house! my childhood dreams are being fulfilled! i'm so excited!

when my grandpa died of leukemia about 4 years ago, my grandma shortly came to the conclusion that the house was too big for her to live in alone. so she started to rent the duplex next door. (by some strange coincidence it was up for rent at the same time she decided... it was a pretty awesome deal) anyway, grandma moved next door and left the house vacant - it was already paid off, the only expense being utilities each month. so grandma decided to keep the house as a place the family could all gather and have family parties and also as a place people could stay when they were in town.

i had decided that one day i would live there. my mom bought her grandma's house, so why shouldn't i carry on the tradition and buy my grandma's house? i thought it was a great idea.
so after talking to branson and my mom about it, i finally presented the idea to my grandma.

she was so excited and so cute! she was thrilled that we could go to relief society together and that someone would be so close to take care of her and help her out when she needed it. also, she was excited that someone would be taking care of the house and the yard. i love grandma! she's so cute.

anyway, i couldn't be more excited! all i want to do is go move in right now! paint the walls... play my piano (this is a big deal: i have a turquoise baldwin upright grand piano... yes, its truly turquoise. totally rad. anyway, my parents didn't have room for it, so it was put in grandma's house. and has been patiently waiting for me til now! ha ha), move in our furniture... i'm so excited! hooray!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you need any help with fixing things up, give us a call!

Frances said...

You are so cute! I'm so glad for you!!! You'll have to post pictures of the house! congrats hun! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

NICE WORK!!

Shan said...

Thanks!

Christie said...

Well, I was hoping that there would be some way to get you to stay in the Brickyard ward... but Grandma's house sounds perfect. You must come visit often..