15 February 2008

playing mom

so for my dad's birthday, which is known to the rest of the world as valentines day, by parents decided to go on a little trip. my dad won a nights stay in some luxury sweet in a hotel down near price. they showed us pictures last night. it was insane, and ridiculous how luxurious this thing was.
1700 square feet. 3 fireplaces. a heart-shaped jacuzzi.
a waterfall running into said jacuzzi. etc.

ridiculous. but it was nice for my parents to get away. its the first time in 22 years they have left all of us kids just to go out of town for a couple days. the only overnight stays during those 22 years were spent in a hospital, where another sibling was born. so it was long overdue. but now that the lot of us kids are somewhat independent - at least in the sense that we can dress, feed and take care of ourselves, its easier for them to leave.

not that that made it any easier for my mom to leave. i'm sure a few tears were shed as they pulled away. and not to belittle any other mother's love for her children in any regard, my mom has made it very evident that she loves us. any one who has that hard of a time leaving her children has to have a deep, deep love for them.

so the motherhood responsibility was relinquished to me for a couple days, while at the same time, i was still living my independent, working full time, 20 year old life. and may i just say, working full time and motherhood do NOT mix. its exhausting! I couldn't believe how truly tired i was at the end of the day. now i know why parents generally force their kids to bed relatively early - so they can go to sleep after the crazy long day! which is all i wanted to do as soon as the sun went down. i'm just hoping and praying that when my days as a mom roll around, i'll be in a situation where my husband will be able to provide for us, so i can stay at home and nuture our kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Way to go mommy-shanna!