05 February 2008

bring your pie face to work day

so its my parents anniversary today. 22 years. with so much sadness and divorce in the world today, i can't help but applaud my parents. *clapping* horray for their undying love for each other and for each of their children.

daddy called me last night and asked me if i could take care of the kids this morning - waking them up. getting them ready, taking them to school, etc - so he could take mom to the temple. sweet... so i did, but since pie face is not in school yet, she got to come to work with me.
--
she was so excited. for some odd reason, the girl loves to come to the office. perhaps because i take her to wendy's and let her watch movies on my laptop all day... anyway, she was ready and willing to help me this morning - she stuffed envelopes, sorted papers, even helped file things. she's like an intern, only we pay her with food.
--
but she started to get bored, so she pulled up to my laptop and said, "i wanna play a game." i told her i didn't have very many games, to which she responded, "yeah you have spider solitaire... see?" and she pulled in up in a window. this girl is seriously technologically savvy. it blows my mind. i don't even think we had a computer until i was in the later years of elementary school... 6th grade maybe? anyway. this girl is so smart. i can't stand it. so she starts playing spider solitaire and knows how to click on the mouse pad of a laptop to make it work just right. she's brilliant.
--
and oh so adorable... even when she is making weird faces.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MISS PIEFACE!!

A said...

lol, sounds like quite the day, but dear, you had a computer long before we were 12, I remember playing those funny rpg's where you type "pick up ball" to do actions, and lemmings, oh the joys of watching the little guys go splat...I know I'm morbid, moral of the story, I think at 8 i was dreadfully addicted to lemmings, maybe it was 10.....

I am way surprised she did so well in an office atmosphere, and she is super cute.

Shan said...

You're right. I do recall playing lemmings and Hugo adventures... But it wasn't hooked up to the internet and it was a much different computer than we have access to now... ha ha