28 December 2007

Gravity

Lately my life has seemed to be quite complicated. I have become one of those girls I used to mock. The ones who can never make up their mind, who don't really know what they want - one thing one minute and another the next. You know the type. Dumb.

But for some reason I find myself falling into the trap. Yuck. I don't like it. But I can't help it! I don't know what my deal is. I decide I'm done with something and am all ready and gung-ho to walk away. And then it happens. I fall victim to the classic blunder that plagues the world of decisive people - I change my mind.

It reminds me of a song... Gravity by Sara Bareilles:
Something always brings me back to you. It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone...
Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.
You loved me 'cause I'm fragile. When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while and all my fragile strength is gone...
You're neither friend nor foe though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down
Something always brings me back to you. It never takes too long.

I keep coming back to something I'm not sure I ultimately want. Sure, now I do. But in the end? I don't know. That's the problem. I can't make up my mind. I want to be set free and left alone, but then something always brings me back. And it really never takes too long.
Ridiculous.

2 comments:

G-Man said...

i thought the classic blunders were getting involved in a land war in asia and getting into a battle of wits sith a sicilian when death was on the line?

Shan said...

They are... However, so is this. Ha ha