26 December 2007

San Diego


So my friends and I all thought San Diego sounded nice in the middle of December, so we packed up our bags and went for 5 days. We stayed at Branson's parents house in Chula Vista. It was a lot of fun. A lot of close calls and a couple times where we could have died on the road, but we made it there and back soundly. Perhaps not safely. Ha ha (Thanks a lot, Branson...)

Sidestory: On the way into San Diego, Branson was driving my car. (Yes, my baby that was just fixed and made new again. So you can imagine how weary I was that anything should happen to it.) He thought that it would be funny and entertaining to shoot the gap between a truck and a semi... Now let me explain something - I HATE it when people shoot the gap. Its one thing to do it by yourself, but with someone else's car with other people in it... Nuh uh. Not ok. So he decided to shoot the gap one time and literally came within inches! Had my window been down, my hand would have gotten chopped off if I even thought about sticking it out. Seriously. 3 or 4 inches MAX! I wigged. I was livid. I couldn't believe he did that. I freaked a little. Ok a lot. And I yelled at him and I hit him. Yeah, I was pretty upset.
But it was a good trip. We went to the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl Game (I know, could you have a longer name for it??) between the University of Utah and Navy. It was an excellent game. One of the best I've been to in a while. Utah pulled off a win of 35 - 32. And it was the most sportsmanship-filled game I've ever seen. I was proud to represent Utah.

It was a little cold, but still a good time. But California was beautiful! The sunsets were incredible! I wish I could have the mountains and the ocean at the same time... I'll have to work on that...
It was a lot of fun! A much needed vacation. The only problem now is that I want to go again... Dang job that I love that keeps me confined to Salt Lake City 5 out of every 7 days... Blast. Anyway, it was a good trip. There were a few frustrating moments, but we all got through them. The sad part is, I'm already ready to go back! Being a beach bum sounds awfully fun. But that's not ecomonical. Ha ha And probably not so smart. Oh well. I'll just sit here at my cold desk, watch the snow fall outside the window, dreading driving in it, and dream of beautiful CA... Dang snow-filled winter. MmMmm the beach!

No comments: